Jewelry Care Tips + Info
Most of the jewelry pieces of our collection incorporate metal plating, sterling silver, stainless steel, gold-plated, gold-filled or cubic zirconia components. They are non tarnish and hypoallergenic, which means they will not turn green.
Natural body chemistry, environment and certain chemicals have the ability to oxide the color of the metals. The best way to prevent tarnishing is by caring for your jewelry pieces properly. Here's a few standard jewelry care instructions to follow:
- Apply all cosmetics, oils, lotions and perfumes before applying your pieces. These products may contain chemicals that may damage your jewelry.
- Before cleaning, showering, exercising, or swimming remove your jewelry, to prevent possible physical damage.
- Prevent exposure to harsh chemicals such as chlorine, ammonia, bleach etc.
- Properly clean and gently polish jewelry with a soft cloth to protect metal from natural dusts and oils. Treat your pieces like your best friend!!
- Keep your jewelry pieces stored separately in an air tight case of your preference or the case/bag your item will be packaged within.
FramesxThangs is NOT RESPONSIBLE for any reaction you or your skin may have to our products. Heavy wear and exposure to different conditions can also impact the look of your pieces overtime. We stand by our products and their quality.
What is Stainless Steel?
Stainless steel is a highly durable metal, resisting corrosion and oxidation. It is non tarnish, however the proper care must be taken.
What is 925 Sterling Silver?
925 Sterling Silver is an alloy of silver containing 92.5% Pure Silver and 7.5% other metals. It is non tarnish, however the proper care must be taken.
What is Gold-Plated?
Gold-Plated is a thin layer of gold on the surface of metal. It is non tarnish, however the proper care must be taken.
What is Gold-Filled?
Gold-Filled is where the jewelry is composed of gold bonded to a base metal. It is non tarnish, however the proper care must be taken.
What is Cubic Zirconia?
Cubic Zirconia is a man made crystalline material that is colorless, hard and flawless. It looks much like a diamond, but for a more affordable price. It is non tarnish, however the proper care must be taken.
18k Gold Plated pieces can last 2-3 years with the proper care. Plain 925 Silver can last up to 20 years with the proper care. Plain Stainless Steel can last up to 50 years with the proper care.